Automatic shipping calculation using the Purolator API
Our latest features update for Purolator shipping method version 2.5
Customers can easily track Purolator Package
Your customers can now track their packages with Purolator shipping method. When you mark orders as complete from the WooCommerce dashboard, Purolator tracking link is automatically sent to customers via email from where they can easily check the status of their package for follow up.
Track package & void shipment under order listing pages
Sitemasters can track package status or void shipment from their order details page. To track package simply click on “Track Purolator package” to find the status of your consignment. If you want to cancel shipping labels for products you can void it by clicking on “Void Purolator shipment”.
Added icons on the order details page
Check order status, print Purolator label and track or void shipment from WooCommerce order menu simply by clicking on action icons.
Purolator now supports V2 of the API in the latest version
The Purolator Shipping Method requires you to enter a Canadian postal code in the Origin Postcode field in the admin.
The Purolator Shipping Method use the advanced Purolator API to calculate automatically the shipping charges of the cart. Based on the weight and dimensions of each product, the cost will be calculated and rates will be shown to the customer.
The types of shipping methods shown to the customer can be edited within WooCommerce settings.
This plugin works with domestic and international delivery shipping from Canada. Once your customer enters their shipping details, they can choose the best shipping method based on speed and cost.
See below for a list of supported shipping methods.
Show an estimated delivery date:
You can choose to show customers the approximate delivery date of their order based on Purolator and handling time. The format and text for the delivery date are customizable. This delivery date is displayed next to the available Purolator shipping methods on checkout.
Product handling time:
You have the option to specify the handling time associated with your products. This handling time will affect the time shown for an order’s delivery date.
Option to require a signature:
When enabled, Purolator will calculate the shipping cost of all orders with signatures included.
Add handling fees to orders:
You have the option to add a handling fee to all orders through Purolator. Choose between an amount (eg. $2.50) or percentage (eg. 5%). You can choose to apply the handling fee to shipping rates rather than the product costs.
Auto-generate Purolator shipping labels:
When this option is enabled, a shipping label will automatically be generated. A link will then be added to the WooCommerce order email.
Pay part of the shipping fee:
Increase conversions by offering to pay a percentage of the shipping fee for your customers. Enter a percentage and it will be subtracted from the total shipping costs.
Supported shipping methods:
These are the shipping methods available:
- Purolator Ground
- Purolator Ground U.S.
- Purolator Express
- Purolator Express U.S.
- Purolator Express International
- Purolator Express Pack U.S.
- Purolator Express U.S.Pack 9AM
- Purolator Express U.S.Pack 10:30AM
- Purolator Express 9AM
- Purolator Express 10:30AM
- Purolator Express Evening
- Purolator Express Envelope 9AM
- Purolator Express Envelope 10:30AM
- Purolator Express Envelope
- Purolator Express Envelope Evening
- Purolator Express Pack 9AM
- Purolator Express Pack 10:30AM
- Purolator Express Pack
- Purolator Express Pack Evening
- Purolator Express Box 9AM
- Purolator Express Box 10:30AM
- Purolator Express Box
- Purolator Express Box Evening
- Purolator Ground 9AM
- Purolator Ground 10:30AM
- Purolator Ground Evening
- Purolator Express U.S. 9AM
- Purolator Express U.S. 10:30AM
- Purolator Express U.S. 12:00
- Purolator Express Envelope U.S.
- Purolator Express U.S. Envelope 9AM
- Purolator Express U.S. Envelope 10:30AM
- Purolator Express U.S. Envelope 12:00
- Purolator Express U.S. Pack 12:00
- Purolator Express Box U.S.
- Purolator Express U.S.Box 9AM
- Purolator Express U.S.Box 10:30AM
- Purolator Express U.S.Box 12:00
- Purolator Express International 9AM
- Purolator Express International 10:30AM
- Purolator Express International 12:00
- Purolator Express Envelope International
- Purolator Express International Envelope 9AM
- Purolator Express International Envelope 10:30AM
- Purolator Express International Envelope 12:00
- Purolator Express Pack International
- Purolator Express International Pack 9AM
- Purolator Express International Pack 10:30AM
- Purolator Express International Pack 12:00
- Purolator Express Box International
- Purolator Express InternationalBox 9AM
- Purolator Express InternationalBox 10:30AM
- Purolator Express InternationalBox 12:00
- Purolator Ground Distribution
OPMC does not provide refunds for change of mind purchases. However,
if you are experiencing issues with the plugin, please get in touch with us so that we can aid you in solving plugin-related issues.
Purolator Shipping Method
allows your store to get rates from the Purolator API and calculate shipping for customers in checkout. Purolator also verifies the shipping address to ensure accuracy.
Note: Purolator requires registration with their services and a Canadian postal code as the origin.
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin with the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Install Now and Activate the extension.
More information at: Installing and Managing Plugins
Sign up with Purolator
- Select Corporate Account Holder.
- Enter Profile Information in the window that opens after making your selection.
- Agree to Terms and Conditions, then Submit Registration.
- Activate via link sent to your email address, and log into your account to complete registration.
To configure settings:
- Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping. Choose the method Purolator from the list at the top of the screen.
2. Enter API Settings
– Info from your Purolator account.
- Development Key
- Development Password
- Production Key – Request through your account
- Production Password – Request through your account.
- Billing Account Number (Optional) – If you have a billing account with Purolator.
your Contact Information
- Contact name
- Origin street number
- Origin street name
- Origin city name
- Origin province/state
- Origin Postal code – Must be in Canada.
- Country code for your phone number when dialing internationally.
- Area code
- Phone number
4. Printer Settings
- Printer Type – Select Regular, or Thermal
5. Developer Settings
- Debug Mode – Output the response from Purolator on the cart/checkout for debugging purposes. Please note that anyone can see this, so you can also test when logged out.
- Development Mode – Use of development variable for Purolator, must be enabled to use your development Key and Password. Use this if you have trouble getting rates from Purolator.
- Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping > Shipping zones
your Shipping Zone
that you want to add the Purolator method to, mouse over the name, and click “Edit”. If you don’t have a Shipping Zone setup, you will need to follow the instructions here
to do that first.
“Add Shipping Method” and select Purolator from the dropdown
- Once added, click on “Purolator” to edit. The following screen is displayed:
the Method Title
for what you’d like the Purolator method to display as for the Shipping method name (ex: Purolator
, Purolator Shipping
, etc.). This will not be displayed for customers to see.
6. Packing Information
- Parcel Packing method – Choose the method in which you wish to pack your parcels. If choosing Recommended, items are packed into boxes based on item dimensions and volume. Outer dimensions are passed to Purolator, and inner dimensions are used for packing. Items not fitting into boxes are packed individually.
- Services – Select from:
- Declare cart total – Enabling sends cart total to Purolator, and increases shipping cost if total is more than $100 CAD.
- Need signature – Enabling tells Purolator to calculate cost with a signature.
- Handling time in days.
- Delivery date – To show the date.
- Delivery date display – Example: %s
- Delivery date format – Example: j F Y
- Handling fee excluding tax. Enter amount (2.50) or percentage (5%).
- Apply handling fee to shipping rate – Unticked default applies to product value.
- Pay part of the shipping costs – Enter a percentage. Use to calculate what part of shipping you pay.
- Auto create label – By enabling this, each time an order is received a Purolator label will be created and a link will be added in the order email. Please note that the label created will be available for printing only for 48 hours due to a limitation by Purolator.
- SOAP Method – Please only change if you know what you’re doing or have been advised to.
7. Save changes
All non-virtual products need weight and dimensions set – without this, no shipping is calculated.
8. Purolator update
This is a reminder that Purolator E-Ship® Web Services version 1 (EWS V.1) will no longer be available and integrations will cease functioning as of March 31, 2019. Please be advised, you may experience issues if you are still using this version by the deadline.
Upgrade now to EWS v.2, to continue accessing existing Purolator services, new features and upcoming enhancements, such as:
Take advantage of Adult Signature Required, a new service that requires customers to present a valid government-issued photo ID with proof of age in order to receive their packages.
Only pay for the special handling level based on your shipments’ unique contents and packaging with our new SHS.
Ability to specify an alternate return address, other than the point of origin, for undelivered shipments
Here’s how to upgrade to EWS v.2:
Login to the Purolator E-Ship® Resource Centre
Click on the “Documentation Sample Code” link
Click on the “Download WSDL” for each of the Web Service methods
Evaluate the changes applicable to your integration
Update your integration to EWS v.2
Shipping is calculated on a per order basis and displayed to the customer on the cart and checkout pages.
No rates are being calculated
Check if the dimensions of the product is set and verify that you have enter your origin postal code. The postal code must be a Canadian one.
Also, double-check that the API keys are filled-in. In some cases the production key might need to be manually activated by Purolator, so you’ll want to directly contact them
Questions and Support
Have a question before you buy? Please fill out this pre-sales form.
Already purchased and need some assistance? Get in touch with the developer
via the Help Desk