MYOB is a powerful accounting suite which is used by businesses all around the world. With the help of our plugin, you can easily connect your WooCommerce’s store to MYOB AccountRight.
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin with the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Install Now and Activate the plugin.
Accessing the plugin’s settings:
Upon activating the plugin for the first time, there should be a yellow notice along the top of your screen. Click the link to access the plugin’s settings.
Alternatively, you can access the settings using the method below:
- In your WordPress admin page, navigate to WooCommerce > Settings
- Click the Integration tab along the top of the screen.
Downloading MYOB AccountRight and creating an account:
If you already have a my.myob account set up, feel free to skip this step.
- Click here to sign up and activate your free trial.
- Upon activating your MYOB account, a serial number will be sent to your email address. The email will also include links for downloading MYOB AccountRight.
- Go to my.myob.com and select New Zealand or Australia for your country.
- You will be asked for the serial number provided in the email sent to you. Enter it into this form along with your other details.
- Install the application on your computer using the link given in the email.
Linking your website to MYOB AccountRight
To connect your website with MYOB AccountRight software, you must have an existing account. If not, you will need to sign up and activate your free trial.
Creating an App for your WordPress site:
- Log in to your my.myob dashboard.
- Look for the “Developer” tab along the top of the screen. If this tab is missing, you will need to register as a developer.
- Click “Register App” to begin the process. You will be asked for an App Name, Redirect URL and Website Address.
- To obtain this information, go to the plugin’s settings within WordPress. These details will be listed at the top of the page.
Obtaining API credentials:
Once the app has been created, go to your MYOB developer dashboard on my.myob.com. This will have all of the necessary information for linking your plugin to MYOB.
Copy the “Key” and “Secret” codes and paste them into your plugin’s settings page.
Once the fields are full, the “Allow Access” button will become usable. Click it to authorise the connection between WordPress and MYOB.
Once authorisation is complete, select your MYOB company file and other information from the plugin’s dropdown menus.